Horizon: Zero Dawn update adds New Game+ and more
Today Sony and Guerrilla Games introduced a new update for this years hit Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Included in the update is a New Game + mode where you can start your adventure over again with all your inventory and progression intact, however the level cap is still at 50. Another addition is an Ultra Hard mode where the enemies are more fierce and can sense your presence much quicker, note that once Ultra Hard mode is selected it cannot be changed so make sure you are committed if choosing this difficulty mode. Also, your health regeneration is limited and there are new ways to customize Aloy including facial painting, Focus customization and added slots to newly upgraded weapons and armor.
Other fixes in the update included
- Fixed an issue for some players in “The Looming Shadow” where two guards would disappear after Blameless Marad speaks to them.
- Fixed an issue for certain players with the Lodge Ropecaster where the ropecaster’s anchors that are automatically shot in the ground would not stick to the terrain while shooting from a crouched position.
- Fixed an issue for some players where bandit camps would incorrectly display as ‘Undiscovered’ within the world map if the player had cleared all bandit camps.
- Fixed an issue with “Cauldron Zeta” where for some players the quest log would disappear after completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue that some players encountered with the animations of Aloy. When the player would perform a melee attack and use the Focus almost simultaneously, it would cause Aloy’s upper body to twist unnatural for a moment.
- Fixed an issue with the humanoid scream and attack indicators.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where for some players the data points in Sobeck’s office were not obtainable if the player wanted to pick them after the explosion caused by Helis, as they had disappeared.
- Fixed an issue with the Tearblaster statistics being incorrectly displayed in the weapon wheel.
- Fixed an issue in “Field of the Fallen” where for some players Erend would not appear and thus blocked progression of this quest.
- Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where some players might teleport through the protester scene, blocking progression as Erend would not open the door to Olin’s apartment.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes.
- Minor text fixes.
Guerrilla Games is constantly working on making Horizon: Zero Dawn a much better game while also preparing to release its first expansion The Frozen Wilds later in the year which you can watch the trailer here